Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Brighter Day 4/12/13

After having a rough day yesterday my mom, cousin Tina, and girlfriend Kacie decided to get together for breakfast. I'm so thankful for the amount of support I have received through this journey. Everyday I am more and more amazed by people. People I've never met pray for me, I get several positive posts on the Team Sam Facebook page, the support I receive continues with no boundaries. Today at breakfast our waiter walked over let us know that an anonymous person paid for our tab and he handed me a napkin with a small note. I wasn't able to hold back the tears. I can't begin to explain the way it made me feel, so thank you whoever your are. :)

"Praying for you Sam!"

I was able to fill the rest of my day with great company. Kacie and Brooklyn helped me pick out a few new shirts for my new flat chest to make me feel more confident about my new appearance. I was introduced to another breast cancer survivor who wants to help by being a mentor, I think it's the beginning to a very special friendship. It's days like today that get me through this incredible journey. I will never be able to thank everyone for the support that I continue to receive. I promise that when opportunities arise I will give back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment