Sunday, April 14, 2013

Time to Step Up My Game! 4/13/13

I've attempted working out a few times since I have begun chemo and it can be quite frustrating! For instance, one day while I was still going through chemo I decided to start slowing running again, I decided a 2 mile run would be a perfect start. I grabbed my brothers dog and took off, but I don't even think I made it a quarter mile before I had to walk. I walk/jogged the 2 miles and felt like I was going to die! I made it home and just began crying, I didn't realize I was so weak, not only my legs but my lungs. My mom reassured me by saying it will only take some time. Since that attempt I tried a few more runs, went to the gym a few times, Ryan (my boyfriend) introduced me to mountain biking, but as I got closer to the surgery date I began to get discouraged. I made the excuse that the recovery time was going to take weeks and all the working out would be a waste since I would lose all the muscle or endurance I had gained.

One thing I've always wanted to do was complete a half marathon, so I'm going to start training! Ryan is a big runner and has decided to start running again, so I will use his motivation as mine! :) He took me to the local running store and we picked out some new shoes, so I have no excuses, except I still need a couple more weeks of healing time ;) I was fitted for shoes and the ones I ended with were New Balance, breast cancer awareness shoes...how appropriate! Although it can be very frustrating I have realized I will be starting from the very bottom, but with time I will gain all my endurance back and will complete a half marathon! :D

As we were checking out Ryan asked if I needed some Nip Guard...he always keeps me laughing! 
In case I didn't cover this topic, I no longer have nipples 8-)

Check out the new kicks!

No comments:

Post a Comment