Sunday, March 31, 2013

Two Days Before the BIG Day...

Happy Easter!

Well, we are two days before my surgery and I have to admit it's been a rough week. This is the second time through this process I have felt down. (The first was after my first lupron shot.) I must say I hate feeling this way, it's been a roller coaster week, I have stayed busy spending time with friends, family, and working on school papers. I think that it's finally "hitting me" that I cancer. It's weird because I find myself a little frustrated, sad, irritable, incredibly sensitive, and at sometimes angry. I have to remind myself not to take it out on the ones I love. My friends, family, and boyfriend have been amazing through this rough time and I'm so lucky to have such an understanding group of people supporting me. They have reminded me that it's impossible for me to be "strong" everyday and it's okay to cry.
I'm still struggling with hot flashes and they insist on keeping me awake throughout the night. I think it's time to order a couple "chillows" and pray they actually keep me cool enough to sleep. I keep thinking I am going to wake up and have a bunch of hair on my head, but it's yet to happen. I do have blonde peach fuzz that continues to grow :D. Unfortunately my leg hair is beginning to show up. I have counted 4 eyelashes on my lower left lid, and 5 on my lower right eyelid, with a small handful on my uppers. The good thing about all these chemo side effects is that I know one day I will be back to normal! I no longer have tingles in my fingers or toes, except when I run.
I was fortunate enough to spend this Easter day with my family, I was able to witness my little sister and brother's girlfriend get baptized today. :) It was nice to be back in the church I went to as a teenager, I realized I've missed it and think it's time to get back involved.
I hope everyone enjoyed their Sunday, wish me luck on Tuesday!

Some Easter Sunday Pics...

My amazing boyfriend and huge supporter, he gets me through every single day!

Daddy!

My little man Brett

My big brother Kevin




No comments:

Post a Comment